Episode 12: Save Your Life Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 32 oz. chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 lb chicken breast or thighs (boneless, skinless), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 16 oz fresh or deli salsa
- 1 can organic black beans, drained and rinsed (look for BPA-free can)
- 1 can organic corn kernels, drained and rinsed OR 12 ounces frozen corn kernals (if you cannot find a BPA-free can, go with frozen)
- cheese shreds, sour cream, plain yogurt, plain tortilla chips or baked corn tortillas strips
- Place a soup pot over medium high heat.
- Pour in the chicken broth and diced chicken. Bring to a boil; then simmer for 5-8 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in black beans, corn, and salsa and simmer for additional 5 minutes, until all ingredients are heated through.
- Place in bowls.
- Add salt/pepper, cheese shreds, all-natural sour cream or plain yogurt, and tortilla chips (optional).