Recipe of the Week: Raw Cocao Chocolate Milk
- 64 oz. milk (12 oz. for an individual recovery serving)
- 1/3 cup raw honey or real maple (1.5 Tbsp for individual serving)
- 1/2 cup raw cacao (1.5 Tbsp for individual serving; here’s the brand I usually buy)
Recovery add-ons after mixing (add these to 12 oz. cocao milk):
- 1/2 scoop protein powder (if using non-dairy milk or want to increase protein)
- 5 gm l-glutamine
- 2 Tbsp collagen
- 1 tsp ground ginger and/or turmeric (spice it up!)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Place all ingredients except add-ons in a blender. Blend well. The frothy foam on top makes for the best mocha coffee! Before drinking as recovery, add in optional add-ons in your individual serving (since I let my kids have occasional chocolate milk as well, I keep the extra powders and ginger out of the main batch).
With Whole Dairy Milk, each 8 oz. serving: ~225 calories, ~25 gm carbs, 12 gm protein, 5 gm fiber (before add-ons).