Easy Weeknight 10-Minute Marinara Sauce
2 cans organic diced tomatoes
garlic powder and onion powder
dried herbs such as oregano, basil, etc.
pinch of sugar
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place both cans of undrained tomatoes into small or medium sauce pan. Heat on medium high heat to a simmer, then lower heat to low simmer.
- Add about 1 teaspoon each garlic and onion powder, or to taste.
- Add about 1/2-1 teaspoon each dried herbs, or to taste.
- Add one pinch sugar, I do literally pinch this with my fingers, but it’s about 1/2-1 teaspoon. It doesn’t take much, it’s just cut the acidity.
- Continue to simmer and stir in 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add 1 tablespoon-ish balsamic vinegar, and about 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Place in blender and blend until smooth. Return to sauce pan and salt and pepper to taste.
If you want a thicker sauce, maybe for pizza, just simmer in sauce pan for longer after blending Until desired thickness. If you want thinner sauce, for something delicious like meatballs soup with Parmesan over it, add water Or broth at the beginning.