(DILUTED) APPLE CIDER VINEGAR Health Tonic
- 1 Tbsp organic raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp strong-tasting 100% juice such as cherry (good for joints!), pomagranate, or grape
- Alternatively, substitute 1 tsp raw honey for juice
- ~3 ounces water
- Optional add-ins: 1/2 tsp ground ginger, turmeric, or cinnamon; fresh mint
Mix all ingredients and drink. Add optional add-ins if desired.
Easy Peasy Gummies
- 4 ounces 100% organic grape juice (or any juice)
- 4 envelopes Knox Gelatin (28.8 g total)
- 2 Tbsp raw organic local honey
- My Addins:
- Liquid Vitamin D3
- 30000-35000 mg Elderberry Extract (usually ~50 dropperfuls Elderberry Extract or ~1/2 one bottle or 1 ounce or 30 mL - LOOK AT YOUR NUTRITION LABEL)
The goal is to make 100 servings of 2000 IU vitamin D gummies. Look at the amount of Vitamin D3 in your bottle of liquid Vitamin D. Figure out how many mL equals 200,000 IU. For a liquid vitamin D that's 1000 IU per drop (0.028 mL), it would be ~5.5 mL. You can use a dropper to get this much, or use a teaspoon - 1 teaspoon = 5 mL. While you want to get close, you don't have to be exact. If you'd prefer 1000 IU gummies, simply use 1/2 this much vitamin D. I'd recommend the 1000 IU gummies if giving to kids 5 years or younger (older ones can take 2 gummies instead of 1).
Now, to make the gummies:
Heat juice on stovetop or in microwave until hot (about 30-60 seconds microwave).
Add gelatin and stir until dissolved.
Add optional add-ins.
Stir well until completely mixed.
Pour into greased square glass baking pan or storage container.
Place in refrigerator for 2 hours or until firm.
Remove from refrigerator, cut into 100 equal squares (approximate). This is easier than it sounds if you simply go for 10 cuts down, and 10 cuts across. Try to get them close to equal in size, BUT AGAIN, THIS DOESN'T HAVE TO BE EXACT.
The human body is amazing at averaging out the amount of vitamin D in our blood streams. In fact, some people take 1x/week vitamin D injection (in dire situations), others supplement 1x/week with large doses, others every day. It works out in the blood with this one (this is not true for all micronutrients).
Place in covered storage container and refrigerate up to 6 months.