I have an all-time favorite snack. It's easy, it's delicious, and it's oh-so-nutritious.
Here's how to make Roasted Chickpeas and why they ought to be your favorites, too!
Episode 1 Recipe: Roasted Chickpeas
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans, thoroughly drained and rinsed (about 3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- juice from one lime
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
- Place all ingredient in a large bowl and toss until thoroughly mixed.
- Spread the chickpeas in a single, even layer on baking sheet and bake until crisp, about 40-45 minutes.
- Try about 1 cup for a snack. These may also work well as a spicy, salty fuel option for long rides. Keep it to just 1/4 -1/2 cup or so at a time. They are a great source of carbs and sodium, but the extra fiber may be too much for some cyclists while riding.
To hear this podcast episode and my thoughts on this delicious recipe, click here: Apex Nutrition Podcasts on the Apex Nutrition site
You can also find The Apex Nutrition Podcast on almost all podcast platforms - please search it, listen, and gimme 5 stars! Apple Podcasts - Apex Nutrition Podcast
To ready about this recipe and why it's so good for you, click here.
More Podcast Recipes
Check out more podcast recipes here: Podcast Recipes