As you read yesterday, eggs are full of beneficial nutrients and offer an extra-healthy, fabulously frugal meal. Here’s an easy dinner and a (drink at your own risk) recovery smoothie:
Wonderful Veggie Omelet
- 6 large cage-free organic eggs
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red pepper
- 2 tablespoons organic butter, divided
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup hormone-free Cheddar cheese
- In a medium bowl, gently whisk eggs with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Then, sauté onion and green pepper in 1 Tbsp butter in a large skillet over med-high heat. When tender, add zucchini, tomato, oregano and bell pepper. Cook and stir for 5-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender and liquid is nearly evaporated. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, place 1 Tbsp butter in a 10-in. skillet and allow to melt on medium-low heat. Once melted, spread across pan. Add eggs and cook over medium heat. Continually push back eggs from sides of pan and tilt pan so uncooked eggs run toward sides. Continue until all eggs are well-cooked.
- Working quickly, place ½ of cheese on ½ of cooked eggs. Add vegetables on top of cheese, and cover with remaining cheese. Flip other half of eggs over cheese and vegetables.
- Place pan lid over omelet and allow to cook until all fillings are warmed and cheese melted.
At-Your-Own-Risk Bonus Recovery Smoothie:
- 1 banana
- ½ cup milk or ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg (raw or hard-boiled. If raw, use at your own risk – see http://whatscookingamerica.net/Eggs/RawEggs.htm . Avoid raw if you are pregnant, elderly, a young child who reads Loving the Bite posts, or have a compromised immune system)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
Place all ingredients in blender and puree until smooth. Add ice or water as needed to reach desired consistency. Relax and feel your glycogen stores replenish and your muscles grow.
Give your body what it needs for great energy and health every day and during training with the right Foods, Drinks and Supplements. If you would like my help with it, I offer comprehensive plans as Instant Downloads and as Custom Clients starting at just $20. And, as a FuelRightBlog reader, get a further discount with coupon code: password-frblog username-reader. I’d love to work with you!
Fuel Your Adventure. Nourish Your BodySHARE